Family support is a key to recovery and we have made the Weekend Family Program an integral part of substance abuse treatment at The Ranch. Sessions are led by specialized family therapists who help each family member achieve a new understanding of addiction that ultimately helps their loved one.
The Weekend Family Program has four goals:
- Increasing your knowledge of addiction and its treatment
- Finding renewed optimism and hope for the addition free future
- Developing new skills for building positive relationships and setting healthier boundaries
- Providing a realistic sense of responsibility for one’s own recovery from the pain and anxiety involved with alcohol addiction and drug addiction.
The Weekend Family Program Overview
Friday afternoon begins with recovery education.
After attending an educational presentation, you will have the opportunity to meet individually with your loved one and his/her primary counselor.
We address the powerful effect addiction has on the family. The objective is to provide valuable information on which to base important decisions.
Together, we look at:
- How addiction works
- The neuroscience of the addicted brain
- The cycles of compulsion and coping behavior
- Family roles and the “drama triangle”
We focus on important issues such as humility and the confidence to be your best self . The day closes with creating a ‘wish list’ for the future and moving forward.
We look at:
- The best (and worst) ways to resolve conflicts
- The three keys to achieving true relational intimacy
- Alternatives to enabling behavior
- The need to establish and preserve healthy boundaries