Family education is an integral part of the treatment process. Clear Springs Family Program is a series of workshops and visitation. Our educational program is designed to help the entire family develop new ways of relating, communicating, and managing conflict. Learning these skills will help maintain recovery and build relationships.
The Weekend Family Program has four goals:
- To increase your knowledge of addiction and its treatment
- To find renewed optimism and hope for an addiction-free future
- To develop new skills for building positive relationships and setting healthy boundaries
- To provide a realistic sense of responsibility for one’s own recovery from the pain and anxiety involved with alcohol and drug addiction
The Weekend Family Program Overveiw
The educational portion of the Family Program takes place on Saturday and Sunday. This two day educational workshop will be scheduled on a weekend during your loved one’s treatment episode. This experience allows the client and their family to interact and gain a foundation in family recovery. Your loved one’s chemical dependency has impacted everyone in your family and by the same token, recovery is a team effort.
Saturday Morning begins with recovery education. After attending an educational presentation, you will have the opportunity to meet individually with your loved one and a counselor.
We address the powerful effect addiction has on the family. The objective is to provide valuable information on which to base important decisions.
Together, we look at:
- How addiction works
- The neuroscience of the addicted brain
- The cycles of compulsion and coping behavior
- Family roles and the “Drama Triangle”
We focus on important issues such as humility and the confidence to be your best. The day closes with creating a ‘wish list’ for the future and moving forward.
We look at:
- The best (and worst) ways to resolve conflicts
- The three keys to achieving true relational intimacy
- Alternatives to enabling behavior
- The need to establish and preserve healthy boundaries
On Sunday afternoon, participants of our Family Program will attend a one hour informational session prior to visiting with their loved one. Sunday sessions begin at 1:00 p.m. are followed by visitation from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.